Collins Public Library
2341 Main Street, P.O. Box 470, Collins, NY 14034
Phone: (716) 532-5129 | Abigail Barten-McGowan, Director
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
- Wednesday and Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 11am-3pm
- Sunday - CLOSED
Stay up-to-date with events at the Library by "liking" our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
We have a community room that is available for community groups. Call for availability.
Did you know: Erie County Library cards are available to all Erie County residents, all individuals who work in Erie County and all those who live in the Gowanda School tax district.
Check out our Web page at www.buffalolib.org, click Library Locations and Town of Collins Public Library on the next screen.
March Calendar of Events.pdf
Stay up-to-date with events at the library by ‘liking’ our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
Using your library card you can:
- Download up to five (5) songs per week on your listening device using Freegal
- Download e-books and audio books on most devices
- Kindle users can now download books
Any person is able to use our computers free of charge. Adults can use the Internet and we are a free Wi-Fi site.
We have a community room that is available for community groups.
- We have thousands of DVDs and over 200 Blu-ray Discs at this location. You can order other titles using your library card.
- Lap Sit with Miss Abbie: Mondays: March 11th, 18th & 25th at 10:30am. Join us for this fun program for children ages 6 months to 2 years with a caregiver. A great introduction to early literacy skills with rhymes, finger plays, music, stories and more. Sign up required.
- Evening Book Club: Tuesday, March 12th at 5:30 pm. We will be discussing “In a Sunburned Country” by Bill Bryson. You can request a copy on line or stop by the Library Desk. Please call 532-5129 or stop by if you are interested.
- Quilting with Florence: Every Wednesday, 10 am to 2 pm. Join these knowledgeable ladies as they work on projects.
- St. Patrick’s Day Story Hour: Thursday, March 14th at 6 pm. Open to ages 3 – 12. Join us for tales about Leprechauns, four leaf clovers, rainbows, gold, and more! We’ll also have Games, Crafts and Snacks. Sign up is required for all children’s programs.
- Book Club: Monday, March 18th at 11 am. We will be discussing “The Martian” by Andy Weir. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- Computer Class- Internet Basics: Monday, March 18th, 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Understand the basics of exploring the internet. You’ll learn about Google Chrome, how it works and how to search for specific web pages. Free and open to Library patrons ages 17 and above. Registration required. Lego Club: Tuesday, March 19th at 6:30pm.
- Come and play with Legos in the Library. We will put your creation on display in the Library. Ages 4-12. Registration required, call or stop in.
- Book a Tech Trainer: Friday, March 22nd from 1 to 4 pm and Saturday, March 23rd from 11am to 3 pm. Get some new tech and want some help getting started? Call the Library to set up a one-on-one appointment with our in-house specialist.
- Savvy Caregivers Series: Four consecutive Sessions, Mondays at 6 -7 pm March 25th, April 1st, April 8th, and April 15th. A four session training series designed to teach how to care for someone who has Alzheimer’s disease or another related dementia. Presented by Chautauqua Opportunities. For more info and to register, call 716-366-3335 x1236.
- Story Hour Featuring Jan Thomas works: Tuesday, March 26th at 6 pm. Join us as we enter the silly world of author Jan Thomas and her friends! This program for the younger reader will feature stories, games and a craft. Recommended for ages 3 to 6. Registration required
- Young Adult Book Club: Thursday, March 28th at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing “The Lightning Thief” by Rick Riordan. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- Creative Crafts for Grown Ups: Saturday, March 30th at 1 p.m. We will be making Birthday Cards. All materials are provided but registration is limited. Ages 18+ please.