Collins Public Library
2341 Main Street, P.O. Box 470, Collins, NY 14034
Phone: (716) 532-5129 | Abigail Barten-McGowan, Director
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
- Wednesday and Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 11am-3pm
- Sunday - CLOSED
Stay up-to-date with events at the Library by "liking" our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
We have a community room that is available for community groups. Call for availability.
Did you know: Erie County Library cards are available to all Erie County residents, all individuals who work in Erie County and all those who live in the Gowanda School tax district.
Check out our Web page at www.buffalolib.org, click Library Locations and Town of Collins Public Library on the next screen.
October 2019 Calendar of Events.pdf
September Calendar of Events.pdf
Collins Public Library Events
- Basket Raffle: We will be holding a basket raffle to benefit the Friends of the Collins Public Library September 3rd through the 21st. Winners will be drawn on September 22nd.
- Quilting with Florence: Every Wednesday, 10 am to 2 pm. Join these knowledgeable ladies as they work on projects.
- Book Sale: Friends of the Collins Public Library will be holding their annual Book Sale Thursday, September 19th through Saturday, September 21st. There will also be a Bake Sale all three days. We are accepting donations of books for the sale between now and September 16th. Please no text books, encyclopedias, Readers Digest Condensed Editions, things that are moldy, or in very poor condition.
- Music in the Library Concert Series: Join us Friday, September 20th at 7pm for The Blue Mule Band playing blue grass and Americana music. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
- Lap Sit with Miss Abbie: Mondays, September 23rd, 30th and October 7th at 10:30am. Join us for this fun program for children ages 6 months to 2 years with a caregiver. A great introduction to early literacy skills with rhymes, finger plays, music, stories and more. Sign up required.
- Morning Book Club: Monday, September 23rd at 11 am. We will be discussing “Woman in the Window” by A.J. Finn. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- Young Adult Art Club: Tuesday, September 24th at 6:30 pm. Love to draw, paint and create? Then this is for you! This club will meet to learn about illustration and publishing. Ages 10 to 20. Sketchbooks and materials will be provided. Stop in to register.
- Quilting with Florence: Wednesdays, 10 am to 2 pm. Join these knowledgeable ladies as they work on projects.
- Young Adult Book Club: Thursday, September 26th at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing “The War that Saved My Life” by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley. Ages 13 and up. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- Creative Crafts for Adults: Saturday, September 28th at 1 pm. We will be making book page pumpkins. All materials are provided but registration is limited. Ages 18+ please.
- Tech Trainer: Call the Library for available topics, dates & times. Want some help getting started with tech, learn to use the 3D Printer or try Virtual Reality? Call to set up a one-on-one appointment.
- Story Hour: Tuesday, October 1st at 6 pm. This month’s theme will be Halloween! Join us for stories, games, crafts, coloring, and many times snacks. Ages 3 to 10. Sign up is required.
- Library Board Meeting: Thursday, October 3rd at 6 pm. Open to the Public. All are welcome!
- Toddler Time: The next 3 week session of Toddler Time begins Friday, October 4th at 10:30am. We read stories, play games, sing songs and have a snack. Ages 2 to 5. Please call or stop in to register!
- Senior Movie: Friday, October 4th at 1 pm. Join us for a movie and popcorn. Co-Sponsored by the 50+ seniors. You can call the Library for the Title of the Movie.
- Music in the Library Concert Series: Join us Friday, October 4th at 7pm for the final concert of the year with country and western swing performance by The Skiffle Minstrels. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
- Erie Canal on Tour- Nancy Goes to Seneca Falls: Saturday, October 5th at 1 pm. Nancy shares stories and songs about life as a slave, and her new life as a free woman on the Canal. Performer, author and poet Annette Daniels Taylor has created Nancy’s story as an otherwise not often aspect of Erie Canal heritage. Come enjoy this all-ages program!
- Craft Club: Monday October 7th at 6 pm. Come and make crafts in the Library. This month’s theme will be Halloween. Ages 4 to 12. Registration is required.
- Tech Trainer: Wednesday, October 9th, 11:15 am to 4:45 pm. Want some help getting started with tech, learn to use the 3D Printer or try Virtual Reality? Call to set up a one-on-one appointment.
- Tinkering in the Library! Saturday, October 12th at 12 pm. With different rotating activities each month, there will be new things to explore. Fun for the whole family. Stop by or Call to sign up.
Stay up-to-date with events at the library by ‘liking’ our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
Using your library card you can:
- Download up to five (5) songs per week on your listening device using Freegal
- Download e-books and audio books on most devices
- Kindle users can now download books
Any person is able to use our computers free of charge. Adults can use the Internet and we are a free Wi-Fi site.
We have a community room that is available for community groups.
- We have thousands of DVDs and over 200 Blu-ray Discs at this location. You can order other titles using your library card.