Collins Public Library
2341 Main Street, P.O. Box 470, Collins, NY 14034
Phone: (716) 532-5129 | Abigail Barten-McGowan, Director
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
- Wednesday and Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 11am-3pm
- Sunday - CLOSED
Stay up-to-date with events at the Library by "liking" our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
We have a community room that is available for community groups. Call for availability.
Did you know: Erie County Library cards are available to all Erie County residents, all individuals who work in Erie County and all those who live in the Gowanda School tax district.
Check out our Web page at www.buffalolib.org, click Library Locations and Town of Collins Public Library on the next screen.
May Calendar of Events.pdf
- Senior Movie: Friday, May 3rd at 1 pm. Join us for a movie and popcorn. Co-Sponsored by the 50+ seniors. You can call the Library for the Title of the Movie.
- Create Your Own Book: Saturday, May 4th at 1:30 pm. Come and learn how to create easy, origami folded books to fill with your own creations. This will be a fun and open activity where your creativity rules. Recommended ages 8 to 12. Registration required.
- Celebrate Mothers!: Tuesday, May 7th at 5:30 pm. Open to children 3 to 10 with their mother, grandmother, or caregiver. The children will make a special craft & card, children and guests will make a yogurt parfait to enjoy as we read books all about the joys of being a mother. Registration is required by Tuesday April 30th.
- Toddler Time: The next 3 week session of Toddler Time begins Friday, May 10th at 10:30am. We read stories, play games, sing songs and have a snack. Ages 2 to 5. Please call or stop in to register!
- Book A Tech Trainer: Friday, May 10th starting at 1pm. There are a variety of subjects we can help you with! From eBooks to phones, we are here to help. Call to set up a free hands on appointment.
- Craft Club: Monday, May 13th at 6 pm. Come and make crafts in the Library. Ages 4 to 12. Registration is required.
- Evening Book Club: Tuesday, May 14th at 5:30 pm. We will be discussing “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer. You can request a copy on line or stop by the Library Desk. Please call 532-5129 or stop by if you are interested.
- Computer Class-Family History: Thursday, May 16th at 5:30 pm. An introduction to tracing your family’s roots with Ancestry Library Edition. Free and open to Library patrons ages 17 and above. Registration required.
- Book A Tech Trainer: Friday, May 17th starting at 1pm. There are a variety of subjects we can help you with! From eBooks to phones, we are here to help. Call to set up a free hands on appointment.
- Music in the Library Concert Series: Join us Friday, May 17th at 7pm for a free concert by Mark Munzert, an award winning cowboy poet spinning tales of the west. Doors open at 6:30 pm.
- Book A Tech Trainer: Saturday, May 18th starting at 11 am. There are a variety of subjects we can help you with! From eBooks to phones, we are here to help. Call to set up a free hands on appointment.
- Tinkering in the Library! Saturday, May 18th at 12 pm (Noon). With different rotating activities each month, there will be new things to explore. Fun for the whole family. Stop by or Call to sign up.
- Morning Book Club: Monday, May 20th at 11 am. We will be discussing “Miss Kopp’s Midnight Confessions” by Amy Stewart. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- LEGO Club: Tuesday, May 21st at 6:30pm. Come and play with LEGO’s in the Library. We will put your creation on display in the Library. Ages 4-12. Registration required, call or stop in.
- Creative Crafts for Adults: Saturday, May 25th at 1 pm. We will be making a “Tea for Two” paper craft. All materials are provided but registration is limited. Ages 18+ please.
Stay up-to-date with events at the library by ‘liking’ our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
Using your library card you can:
- Download up to five (5) songs per week on your listening device using Freegal
- Download e-books and audio books on most devices
- Kindle users can now download books
Any person is able to use our computers free of charge. Adults can use the Internet and we are a free Wi-Fi site.
We have a community room that is available for community groups.
- We have thousands of DVDs and over 200 Blu-ray Discs at this location. You can order other titles using your library card.