Collins Public Library
2341 Main Street, P.O. Box 470, Collins, NY 14034
Phone: (716) 532-5129 | Abigail Barten-McGowan, Director
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 10am-8pm
- Wednesday and Friday 10am-5pm
- Saturday 11am-3pm
- Sunday - CLOSED
Stay up-to-date with events at the Library by "liking" our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
We have a community room that is available for community groups. Call for availability.
Did you know: Erie County Library cards are available to all Erie County residents, all individuals who work in Erie County and all those who live in the Gowanda School tax district.
Check out our Web page at www.buffalolib.org, click Library Locations and Town of Collins Public Library on the next screen.
January Calendar of Events.pdf
- Creative Crafts for Adults: Saturday, January 25th at 11 & 1 pm. We will be making Valentines. All materials are provided but registration is limited. Ages 18+ please.
- Lap Sit with Miss Abbie: Mondays, January 27th & February 3rd at 10:30am. Join us for this fun program for children ages 6 months to 2 years with a caregiver. A great introduction to early literacy skills with rhymes, finger plays, music, stories and more. Sign up required.
- LEGO Club: Tuesday, January 28th at 6:30pm. Come and play with LEGO’s in the Library. We will put your creation on display in the Library. Ages 4-12. Registration required, call or stop in.
- Young Adult Book Club: Thursday, January 30th at 6:30 pm. We will be discussing “Mortal Engines” by Philip Reeve. Ages 13 and up. You can request a copy online or at the Library Desk.
- Toddler Time: The next 3 week session of Toddler Time begins Friday, January 31st at 10:30am. We read stories, play games, sing songs and have a snack. Ages 2 to 5. Please call or stop in to register!
- Take Your Child to the Library Day! All Day Saturday, February 1st. Crafts, Games, Prize Drawings. Come and visit us and see all the wonderful things the library has to offer!
- YA RPG Club: Saturday, February 1st, 11am to 3 pm. Sign up is in the library, and fills up fast. Don't miss out on the chance to slay the forces of evil, discover treasure, and have a blast! Ages 12 to 18, please. Lunch and snacks provided. Please let us know if you need special accommodations.
- Craft Club: Monday, February 3rd at 6 pm. Come and make crafts in the Library. This month’s theme will be children’s stories. Ages 3 to 12. Registration is required.
- Knit & Crochet Group: Tuesday, February 4th from 6 to 7:30 pm. Open to all ages and all skill sets. If you just want to learn or if you need help with a pattern, we can help you. We also have projects to choose from. Call or stop by the Library to sign up.
- YA Writing Club: Thursday, February 6th at 6:00 pm. Ages 13 to 20. Please let us know if you require special accommodations. Snacks provided.
- Library Board Meeting: Thursday, February 6th at 6 pm. Open to the Public. All are welcome!
- Senior Movie: Friday, February 7th at 1 pm. Join us for a movie and popcorn. Co-Sponsored by the 50+ seniors. You can call the Library for the Title of the Movie.
- Tinkering in the Library! Saturday, February 8th at 12 pm. With different rotating activities each month, there will be new things to explore. Fun for the whole family. Stop by or Call to sign up.
Did you know? Erie County Library cards are available to all Erie County residents, all individuals
Stay up-to-date with events at the library by ‘liking’ our Facebook page, Collins Public Library.
Using your library card you can:
- Download up to five (5) songs per week on your listening device using Freegal
- Download e-books and audio books on most devices
- Kindle users can now download books
Any person is able to use our computers free of charge. Adults can use the Internet and we are a free Wi-Fi site.
We have a community room that is available for community groups.
- We have thousands of DVDs and over 200 Blu-ray Discs at this location. You can order other titles using your library card.