Collins, NY is the southernmost town in Erie County, Cattaraugus Creek being the southern boundary line. Collins was formed from Concord on the 16th of March, 1821; North Collins was taken off in November, 1852, leaving this town with its present area of about sixty-two square miles. It includes a large part of the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation, which extends north-westerly from Gowanda along Cattaraugus Creek.
The Town of Collins is bordered on the south by beautiful Zoar Valley. Our neighbors to the West include the Seneca Nation of Indians.
The Town of Collins is served by three school districts, Gowanda Central, Springville Griffith Institute and North Collins Central.
New York State Police-Local Sub-Station - (716) 532-2666
Erie County Sheriff
North Collins Substation - (716) 337-2432
Orchard Park Base - (716) 667-5200
Evans Fire Control - Call 911
Gowanda Ambulance - Call 911
Gowanda Urgent Care & Medical Center
34 Commercial St., Gowanda
Hours: 8am - 8pm - 7 days a week
Gowanda Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
100 Miller St., Gowanda, NY